Submit a Story
How has PLA played a role in your life? What PLA educational programs have taught you something new to bring back to your library? How has attending PLA conference inspired you? Have a throwback photo at a PLA event that you want to share with the world?
It’s time to tell your PLA story! Just in time for our 75th Anniversary, let the world know how PLA has made a difference in your professional life and supported your work in public libraries.
Please review ALA’s personal data notification (PDN) before proceeding.
75th Anniversary Member Stories Questions
Answer 3-5 of the questions below in 500 words or fewer.
- How have you watched PLA change?
- How has PLA changed you?
- How did you first become involved with PLA?
- What do you hope PLA will achieve in the next 75 years?
- In your opinion, what is the most important work that PLA does?
- If you could change one thing about PLA, what would it be?
- What do you wish other people knew about PLA?
- How has PLA helped you in your career path?
- Since you’ve become a member of PLA, tell us about someone who influenced you in some way.
- What committee do you currently volunteer with? What do you enjoy most about volunteering?
- What is your best memory from your time at a PLA conference?
- What’s one thing – either industry-related or not – you learned in the last 75 days?
- Anything else you want to share?
Complete this Form
*PLA will copy-edit each contribution to in order to maintain the tone, accuracy, and editorial alignment of the website. PLA reserves the right to refuse a submission for any reason.
*Please be aware that by sharing your member story, you are granting permission to the Public Library Association (PLA) unrestricted rights to use and reproduce this information for the purpose of publication, promotion, and/or illustration. This encompasses your name, the name of your library, and any copy and images shared through the 75th Anniversary member story submission portal.